Sunday, January 25, 2015

Starfleet Phasers: Type II Dolphin Custom

The phaser throughout the history of Star Trek has been a futuristic weapon used to move the story along. Replacing the crudeness of the explosion powered firearm with the sleek and graceful directed high energy weapon with a graceful laser beam. So the closest we have come to this weapon is the Taser, but there's always hope.

A number of years ago when I was getting back into 3D modeling I was talking to a co-worker who had mastered solid modeling and he had a fantastic idea. I asked "how do you get your practice?" He responded "I just model things I like and what my kids like." So I took this into consideration and started my own models in the same manner. This was one of the results.


So the grip is not that refined and I'm not that happy with the angle of the handle, but if you have a 3D printer and would like to print it out it's available here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:498495

No comments:

Post a Comment